- Dispatch is between 1-2 business days
Estimated Delivery Times
- We offer free delivery on orders for delivery within the UK. Delivery is via Royal Mail Second Class.
- Australia, New Zealand & Oceania: 14 – 21 business days
- Canada & N. America: 14 – 21 business days
- Europe: 3-7 business days
- We do our very best to meet these delivery estimates, but can’t guarantee them.
Customs and Import Taxes
- Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply
- We are not responsible for delays due to customs
Returns, Exchanges & Cancellations
Returns & Exchanges
- We cannot accept returns or exchanges on custom or personalised orders
- Due to health/hygiene reasons we are unable to accept returns or exchanges on opened and used items
- We accept returns or exchanges for unopened and unused items only. Please contact us within 7 days of delivery. Items must be posted back to us within 21 days of delivery. Buyers are responsible for return postage costs. If the item is not returned in its unopened and unused condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value
- We accept cancellations for orders within 24 hours of the order being placed
Please get in touch with us if there are any problems with your order. We will always be happy to help.
Information We Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information and the details of the product you wish to order. You may also have chosen to provide us with additional information for custom orders if you contact us directly.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your information including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list
- If necessary to comply with legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law
- As necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those interests are not overridden by your rights or interests such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances as follows:
- Service Providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies and the postal service. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services
- Business Transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law
- Compliance with Law. We may collect, use, retain and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to:
- Respond to legal process or government requests
- Enforce our agreements, terms and policies
- Prevent, investigate and address fraud and other illegal activity, security or technical issues
- Protect the rights, property and safety of our customers or others
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws that your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified. We do not use any other cloud-based storage for customer details.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relations to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using our contact information provided
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete you personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon your request
- You can object to:
- Our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests, and
- Receiving marketing messages from us after providing you express consent to receive them. In such cases we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons
- If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, Odacova Skincare Ltd, are the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Alternatively you can contact us at our offices: Soap Bubble HQ, Odacova Skincare Ltd, 7 Mill Lane Cottages, Great Barrow, Chester, CH3 7JQ, UK